Google’s Gmail app which is used by millions, continues to shine with its ease of use and various options of use.
Today a lot of companies use Gmail for their emails. You might have to delete your account one day for several reasons. There might be people with malicious intents that are trying to access your Gmail account without your permission or your account might get hacked. Did you know that you can download the operations that are done with your account? We advise you to download your data and investigate for any unusual activity.
Download your Gmail information
Before deleting your account:
- Go to Google Dashboard. Learn how to download your data.
- If you are using your email for other accounts like your bank account or social media accounts, remove your email from those services.
- In case that you want to recover your account make sure that your information is up to date.
What if you want to close your Gmail account for reasons that you can’t influence, what should you do?
How to Delete Gmail Account?
Deleting an email account that you don’t use is crucial for your privacy and your security. Hackers can get a hold of your email account that you don’t use but left open and use it for their own good, often at your or other people’s expense.
Our mail accounts that contain important files like the extract of our accounts are like our virtual wallets. Now we’ll go through with the process of deleting a Gmail account.
- Go to https://myaccount.google.com/ and sign in to your account
- Click Data & Personalization on the left hand panel. (Picture 1)
- Below, you’ll see the Download, delete, or make a plan for your data tab. Click Delete a service or your account to begin the process. (Resim2)
- On the page that opens, on the panel Delete your Google account click Delete your account.
It is just this easy to delete your Gmail account. If your account is passive or just not an actively used Gmail account we advise you to delete that account. If you are using the account time to time it isn’t necessary to delete your account.